It’s official! Today a Ugandan Judge confirmed what Amy and I have known for the last 9 months, that Joyce Nafamba was destined by God to be a Brinkley! Today Joyce and I went to court for the judge’s ruling and he declared Amy and me her legal guardians! Team Brinkley is +1!

I can’t even begin to explain what I am felling right now. It is probably one of the most surreal moments in my life. I thought I would probably cry when I heard the judge rule in our favor, but the feelings that arose where quite different. It was that kind of feeling that just says, “Yeah, this is the way it is supposed to be.” No big rush of emotion, no tears, just a quit sense that this is what God had planned all along.

I talked with Joyce about what happened today and what that meant for her. She seems to understand a little but I am sure she doesn’t comprehend the world of change she is about to enter! None the less, she seems excited about coming to America with me, having brothers and sisters, and a new bed…and she has already started calling me daddy! Yes, my chest is sticking out a little farther right now! I am one proud papa!

Tonight, she gets to spend the night with me in the guest house. We have just been hanging out together having a great time and things are happening very naturally. We are getting ready to cuddle up together and watch a movie on the laptop before calling it a day.

I want to thank every one of you who have stood with us on this journey. I have a lot more I want to say and so much to write about, but for now…I’m going to go enjoy a movie with my DAUGHTER!

Good night from the J’s!